By David Bateman
The definitive, up to date consultant to making plans, configuring, and administering Cisco name processing and voice messaging.
This ebook brings jointly the entire hands-on wisdom you must effectively configure and administer Cisco’s flagship IP voice platforms, together with Cisco Unified Communications supervisor (CUCM), solidarity, and solidarity Connection. absolutely up-to-date for the recent CUCM, team spirit, and solidarity Connection, model eight, it provides step by step methods for each universal and intricate activity that installers, integrators, and directors will come upon.
Long-time Cisco voice implementer and teacher David Bateman starts off with transparent, well-organized causes of Cisco Voice over IP know-how, together with its key features and units. subsequent, he publications you thru education and deployment, together with configuring CUCM for max functionality, removal DNS dependencies, defining firm parameters, configuring areas, and implementing protection.
the writer provides easy accessibility, step by step suggestions for dozens of post-deployment initiatives, each one with thorough directions and cross-references to prerequisite projects anyplace wanted. He demonstrates how you can combine beneficial properties to create extra robust IP voice platforms, completely introduces Cisco’s new administration interface, and gives huge assurance of the most recent characteristic enhancements.
David Bateman is a qualified Cisco teacher, CCNA, and director of curriculum improvement for Skyline-ATS. He has 20+ years of internetworking adventure, together with greater than a decade as a senior LAN/WAN engineer in networks serving as much as 5,000 clients. He then ran the company operations of a technical prone corporation whereas holding his latest networking consumer base. David has taught and applied Cisco voice applied sciences due to the fact 2000. He authored this book’s first variation, and co-authored CCNA Voice examination Cram.
* determine a starting place for CUCM: configure providers, set company parameters, sign in units, and more
* upload gateways and buyer devices
* Create dial plans, together with direction styles, course lists, course teams, CTI course issues, translation styles, and direction filters
* Configure classification of carrier (CoS) and make contact with Admission Control
* enforce IP cellphone provider, media assets, and Extension Mobility
* arrange to installation Unity/Connection: make certain integration; outline approach parameters; and create templates, distribution lists, and CoS
* upload, import, and deal with users
* utilize Unity/Connection name administration, from simple auto-attendant to complicated routing ideas and audio-text
* combine legacy voicemail systems
* grasp Unity/Connection’s key administrative instruments and utilities
* Use time-of-day routing, name queuing, and different complicated features
This IP communications publication is a part of the Cisco Press® Networking expertise sequence. IP communications titles from Cisco Press aid networking execs comprehend voice and IP telephony applied sciences, plan and layout converged networks, and enforce community strategies for elevated productivity.