By Virendra S. Bisaria, Akihiko Kondo
This e-book offers the imaginative and prescient of a profitable biorefinery—the lignocelluloic biomass should be successfully switched over to its constituent monomers, comprising often of sugars resembling glucose, xylose, mannose and arabinose. for that reason, the 1st a part of the e-book offers with facets an important for the pretreatment and hydrolysis of biomass to offer sugars in excessive yield, in addition to the overall facets of bioprocessing applied sciences as a way to let the advance of biorefineries via inputs of metabolic engineering, fermentation, downstream processing and formula. the second one a part of the e-book supplies the present prestige and destiny instructions of the organic methods for creation of ethanol (a biofuel in addition to a massive commodity uncooked material), solvents (butanol, isobutanol, butanediols, propanediols), natural acids (lactic acid, 3-hydroxy propionic acid, fumaric acid, succinic acid and adipic acid), and amino acid (glutamic acid). the industrial creation of a few of those commodity bioproducts within the close to destiny may have a miles attaining influence in knowing our objective of sustainable conversion of those renewable assets and understanding the idea that of biorefinery.
Suitable for researchers, practitioners, graduate scholars and experts in biochemical/ bioprocess engineering, commercial microbiology, bioprocess know-how, metabolic engineering, environmental technological know-how and effort, the booklet offers:
• Exemplifies the applying of metabolic engineering ways for improvement of microbial cellphone factories
• Provides a special standpoint to the concerning the medical difficulties and their attainable recommendations in creating a bioprocess paintings for advertisement creation of commodity bioproducts
• Discusses the processing of renewable assets, comparable to plant biomass, for mass construction of commodity chemical substances and liquid fuels to satisfy our ever- expanding demands
• Encourages sustainable eco-friendly applied sciences for the usage of renewable resources
• bargains well timed options to aid handle the strength challenge as non-renewable fossil oil will quickly be unavailable
Read Online or Download Bioprocessing of Renewable Resources to Commodity Bioproducts PDF
Similar chemical engineering books
It is a middle, hands-on reference for floor and colloid scientists, actual chemists, chemical engineers, tender fabrics scientists, meals chemists, managed liberate scientists, and pharmaceutical scientists in drug supply functions, in addition to for graduate scholars in those disciplines. The editor and individuals wish this logical consolidation of present details will extra the certainty ofmultiple emulsions and result in new, functional functions.
Pipe circulate presents the data required to layout and learn the piping platforms had to aid a wide diversity of business operations, distribution platforms, and tool vegetation. in the course of the ebook, the authors reveal how one can properly are expecting and deal with strain loss whereas operating with various piping structures and piping parts.
Featuring the end-use and alertness applied sciences of pressure-sensitive adhesives and items, quantity 3 of the instruction manual of Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives and items discusses the increase and periods of pressure-sensitive items, the most representatives of pressure-sensitive items, and their software domain names.
Harm on Pumps and platforms. The instruction manual for the Operation of Centrifugal Pumps bargains a mix of the theoretical fundamentals and sensible adventure for the operation of circulate pumps within the engineering undefined. Centrifugal pumps and structures are super at risk of harm from quite a few explanations, however the ensuing breakdown might be avoided via making sure that those pumps and platforms are operated adequately.
- Industrial Chemical Process Design
- Chemical and Biochemical Physics, Kinetics and Thermodynamics: New Perspectives
- Process Dynamics and Control
- Molecular Recognition: Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering and Materials Applications (Chemical Engineering Methods and Technology)
- Lange's Handbook of Chemistry, 15th Edition
Additional info for Bioprocessing of Renewable Resources to Commodity Bioproducts
1 Increasing Biomass Collection Efficiency by Responding to In-Field Variability Collection efficiency (the ratio of biomass collected to the total amount available in the field) ranked second in sensitivity, fifth in uncertainty, second in influence, and highest in overall combined ranking. , 2007) from which we chose a most likely value of 43%, a minimum of 19%, and a maximum of 65%.
5) Market size (Mt/y)a – Arkema, Cargill/Novozymes BASF/Purac/CSM, Myriant Solvay, DOW Cosan, Abengoa Bioenergy, ADM Braskem, DOW/Crystalsev, Borealis India Glycols, Dacheng Industrial ADM, P&G, Cargill – Novozymes/Cargill Danisco/Goodyear Cargill, Purac/Arkema, ADM, Galactic Segetis, Maine Bioproducts, Le Calorie Emery, Croda, BASF, Vantage Oleochemicals Dupont/Tate & Lyle Braskem/Novozymes ADM, Cargill/Ashland, Senergy, Dacheng Industrial Metabolix/ADM Major player(s) Ethanol Glycerol or glucose Glucose Glycerol Glucose Ethanol Glucose or xylitol Vegetable oil Glucose/fructose Glucose Glucose Glucose Glucose Vegetable oil/fat Glucose Glucose Glycerol or sorbitol Glucose Feedstock Source: Vennestrøm et al.
2012b). Biorefinery: ensuring biomass as a sustainable renewable source of chemicals, materials, and energy. Biomass Bioenergy, 39, 1–4. Macrelli S, Mogensen J, Zacchi G. (2012). Techno-economic evaluation of 2nd generation bioethanol production from sugar cane bagasse and leaves integrated with the sugar-based ethanol process. Biotechnol Biof, 5, 22. Menon V, Rao M. (2012). Trends in bioconversion of lignocellulose: biofuels, platform chemicals & biorefinery concept. Prog Energy Combust Sci, 38, 522–550.