By Stewart R. Craggs
Benjamin Britten used to be arguably the best English composer of his time. His tune crossed barriers of style and shape to incorporate opera, ballet, orchestral and chamber song, and picture and incidental song. the results of 20 years of study, ^IBenjamin Britten^R presents updated and finished information about Britten's lifestyles and track, together with works, performances, and recordings--an attempt by no means ahead of undertaken. guaranteed to be of use to any student of British tune or twentieth century composition, this reference paintings is a useful addition to the literature in this very important artist.Following a short biography of the topic, writer Stewart Craggs presents a whole record of works and performances, prepared through style; a discography, and an annotated bibliography. Rounding out the quantity are lists of compositions, one prepared alphabetically and the opposite chronologically, and a basic index.
Read Online or Download Benjamin Britten: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music) PDF
Best bibliographies & indexes books
Ismaili stories represents some of the most contemporary fields of Islamic reviews. a lot new learn has taken position during this box end result of the restoration of a big variety of Ismaili texts. This e-book features a whole directory of the resources and secondary reviews, together with theses, written through Ismailis or approximately them in all significant Islamic and ecu languages.
"The ISBD Consolidated variation" merges the texts of 7 really expert ISBDs (for books, maps, serials, sound recordings, desktop records and different digital assets, and so forth. ) right into a unmarried textual content. The "ISBD" turns out to be useful and acceptable for descriptions of bibliographic assets in any kind of catalogue. during this version the conditions for cataloguing a few of the assets were made extra in step with one another, and taken updated.
The emergence of the web and the vast availability of cheap computing gear have created great curiosity in electronic libraries and digital publishing. This booklet is the 1st to supply an built-in review of the sector, together with a historic viewpoint, the state-of-the-art, and present study.
The USA has shaped alliances, exchanged diplomats, traded items and providers, and fought wars with international locations on each continent yet Antarctica. and folks have written books, articles, reviews, and papers via the hundreds of thousands on those topics. In American international relatives due to the fact that 1600, the 2002 president of the Society for Historians of yankee international kinfolk, Robert Beisner, has labored with participants of SHAFR to assemble the main exhaustive survey of writing on American international family members ever released.
- Tantalizing Tingles: A Discography of Early Ragtime, Jazz, and Novelty Syncopated Piano Recordings, 1889-1934 (Discographies: Association for Recorded Sound Collections Discographic Reference)
- A Companion to Twentieth-Century German Literature
- Piano Music by Women Composers, Volume II: Volume Two, Women Born After 1900 (Music Reference Collection)
- Celebrating Cuentos: Promoting Latino Children's Literature and Literacy in Classrooms and Libraries (Children's and Young Adult Literature Reference)
- Harrod's Librarians' Glossary and Reference Book: A Directory of Over 10,200 Terms, Organizations, Projects and Acronyms in the Areas of Information Management, ... Science, Publishing and Archive Management
Extra resources for Benjamin Britten: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
Conducted by Benjamin Britten Publication: Boosey & Hawkes RECORDING: D12, D14, D30, D59 SEE: B792 2. 1/timpani percussion (2)/harp celesta/strings Duration: 7 minutes Publication: Boosey & Hawkes RECORDING: D12, D59, D105 SEE: B792 3. Three A rias from Peter Grimes 1. Peter's Dreams for tenor and piano (Duration: 3 minutes) 2. Embroidery Aria for soprano and piano (Duration: 4 minutes 3. Church Scene (Ellen's aria) for soprano and piano (Duration: 3x/2 minutes) These arias may also be performed with orchestra Publication: Boosey & Hawkes 4.
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Arrival at Zermatt Swiss Clock (Romance) Nursery Slopes Alpine Scene Moto perpetuo: Down the Piste Farewell to Zermatt Dedication: "For Mary Potter" Duration: 7V2 minutes First performance: Aldeburgh Festival, 26 June 1955 Publication: Boosey & Hawkes SEE: B26, B27 W42. BAGATELLE (1929/30) for violin, viola and piano First performance: Holt (Norfolk), Gresham's School, 1 March 1930 . (Britten played the viola) Unpublished W43. ELEGY (1930) for viola Duration: 6V2 minutes First performance: Snape, Maltings Concert Hall, 22 June 1984.
4. 5. 6. Arrival at Zermatt Swiss Clock (Romance) Nursery Slopes Alpine Scene Moto perpetuo: Down the Piste Farewell to Zermatt Dedication: "For Mary Potter" Duration: 7V2 minutes First performance: Aldeburgh Festival, 26 June 1955 Publication: Boosey & Hawkes SEE: B26, B27 W42. BAGATELLE (1929/30) for violin, viola and piano First performance: Holt (Norfolk), Gresham's School, 1 March 1930 . (Britten played the viola) Unpublished W43. ELEGY (1930) for viola Duration: 6V2 minutes First performance: Snape, Maltings Concert Hall, 22 June 1984.