By F. J. Baker
Entire undergraduate textbook at the ideas and perform of labor in clinical laboratories. features a common creation, and chapters on: medical chemistry,cellular pathology, microbiology, hematology, and transfusion technological know-how. Halftone illustrations. prior variation: c1985. Softcover. DNLM: Laboratory recommendations and methods.
Read or Download An Introduction to Medical Laboratory Technology PDF
Best diagnostics & labs books
Advisor and set up the evolution of your medical laboratory scholars from newbies into powerful execs by means of giving them this necessary source, necessities of scientific Laboratory technological know-how. This source fosters severe pondering past simply the elemental methods, making a thorough know-how of the scientific laboratory tasks that scholars should themselves, to their sufferers, and to the amenities the place they paintings.
This ebook, combining and updating prior versions, is a special resource of data at the analysis, remedy, and follow-up of metabolic illnesses. The scientific and laboratory information attribute of infrequent metabolic stipulations might be bewildering for either clinicians and laboratory body of workers. Reference laboratory info are scattered, and scientific descriptions can be vague.
This completely up-to-date moment variation of medical Laboratory drugs presents the main entire, present, and clinically orientated details within the box. The textual content positive aspects over 70 chapters--seven new to this version, together with clinical laboratory ethics, point-of-care trying out, bone marrow transplantation, and specimen testing--providing finished insurance of latest laboratory drugs.
- Basic Science Techniques in Clinical Practice
- Hematopoietic Differentiation of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells (SpringerBriefs in Stem Cells)
- Cerebrovascular Disease, Cognitive Impairment and Dementia
- Handbook of Medical Imaging, Volume 2. Medical Image Processing and Analysis (Parts 1 and 2) (SPIE Press Monograph Vol. PM80/SC)
Additional resources for An Introduction to Medical Laboratory Technology
14. Diagram of a balance. 23 GENERAL LABORATORY APPARATUS Procedure for weighing a given quantity (1) With the balance at rest, and the rider at zero, place a watch glass on the left-hand pan. Using forceps, place a slightly greater weight on the right-hand pan. (2) Raise the cross-beam, to verify from the swing of the pointer that the weight is in fact heavier than the watch glass. If the pointer swings to the left it indicates that the left-hand pan is lighter and that the weight on the right is too heavy.
20) The gas enters tube (A) and the chamber is filled via the gap (B) and the by-pass (C). From the chamber it passes to the outlet tube (D), and thence to the gas burner which is situated under the incubator. Capsule (E) expands when the temperature has reached the point at which its contained liquid boils. The sudden expansion of the capsule raises the rod (F), and consequently tilts the beam (GH) so that its point (I) depresses the valve (J), closing the gap (B). This cuts off the supply of gas to the chamber, except for the small quantity through the by-pass (C).
This is effected 19 GENERAL LABORATORY APPARATUS by gas burners, electricity (immersion heaters), oil burners, or by passing steam through a coil immersed in water. (b) Steam provided from an external source, that is, * direct ' steam. All autoclaves are tested by steam and hydraulic pressure, and they can withstand pressures at least 50 per cent greater than those recommended for use. Technique of using gas-heated autoclaves (1) Pour the required amount of water into the bottom of the boiler. (2) Pack the material to be sterilized in a cage or on a ledge which fits into the boiler above water level.