By Daniel K. Blewett
Tackling and handling the big array of reference instruments within the box of U.S. army heritage, this selectively annotated bibliography covers land, air, and naval forces, with separate chapters on significant American armed conflicts. different chapters conceal digital assets, agencies and institutions, museums, data, and libraries. the writer has integrated atlases, chronologies, bibliographies, biographical dictionaries, indexes, abstracts for journals, glossaries, and encyclopedias, with short descriptive annotations on so much entries. This paintings is a pertinent addition to the overall reference collections of public and educational libraries in addition to to important libraries, govt records collections, army and intelligence employer libraries, and old societies and museums. these accomplishing examine within the box of army historical past will locate it fundamental.
Read Online or Download American Military History: A Guide to Reference and Information Sources PDF
Best bibliographies & indexes books
Ismaili reports represents some of the most fresh fields of Islamic reports. a lot new study has taken position during this box because of the restoration of a big variety of Ismaili texts. This ebook includes a entire directory of the resources and secondary stories, together with theses, written by means of Ismailis or approximately them in all significant Islamic and ecu languages.
"The ISBD Consolidated variation" merges the texts of 7 really good ISBDs (for books, maps, serials, sound recordings, machine records and different digital assets, and so forth. ) right into a unmarried textual content. The "ISBD" comes in handy and appropriate for descriptions of bibliographic assets in any kind of catalogue. during this version the conditions for cataloguing a number of the assets were made extra in step with one another, and taken updated.
The emergence of the net and the large availability of reasonable computing gear have created large curiosity in electronic libraries and digital publishing. This e-book is the 1st to supply an built-in evaluate of the sector, together with a old point of view, the cutting-edge, and present learn.
The US has shaped alliances, exchanged diplomats, traded items and providers, and fought wars with countries on each continent yet Antarctica. and other people have written books, articles, studies, and papers via the millions on those topics. In American international family members considering that 1600, the 2002 president of the Society for Historians of yank international kinfolk, Robert Beisner, has labored with contributors of SHAFR to assemble the main exhaustive survey of writing on American overseas family ever released.
- World War I Reference Library: Cumulative Index
- Possibility, Agency, and Individuality in Leibniz's Metaphysics (The New Synthese Historical Library)
- Croatia (World Bibliographical Series, Volume 216)
- Understanding Imagination: The Reason of Images: 33 (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science)
- Multiple Personality Disorders - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Joachim Andersen: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
Additional resources for American Military History: A Guide to Reference and Information Sources
22. Beede, Benjamin R. Military and Strategic Policy: An Annotated Bibliography. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1990. 360p. index. (Bibliographies and Indexes in Military Studies, No. 2). 50. LC 89-25616. ISSN 1040-7995. ISBN 0-313-26000-1. 23. , comps. Bibliography on World Conflict and Peace. 2d ed. Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1979. 168p. (Westview Special Studies in Peace, Conflict, and Conflict Resolution). ISBN 0-8915-8374-2. 24. Ferguson, R. Brian, with Leslie E. Farragher. The Anthropology of War: A Bibliography.
Arnold, Ben. Music and War: A Research and Information Guide. New York: Garland, 1993. 464p. illus. index. (Music Research and Information Guides, Vol. 17). 00. LC 93-024938. ISBN 0-8153-0826-4. 21. Beede, Benjamin R. Intervention and Counterinsurgency: An Annotated Bibliography of the Small Wars of the United States, 18981984. New York: Garland, 1985. 368p. (Wars of the United States, Vol. 5; Garland Reference Library of Social Science, Vol. 251). 00. LC 84-48072. ISBN 0-8240-8944-8. 22. Beede, Benjamin R.
4 (JulyAugust 1986): 491505; Louis Morton, "Sources for the History of World War II," World Politics 13, no. S. S. Department of the Army, 1948). 2. For comments regarding interlibrary loan and faculty doing research at their home institutions, see the following: Margaret F. , In Pursuit of American History: Research and Training in the United States (Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1970), 296. Page 1 1 General Military History Reference Sources This chapter covers both those general military reference sources that are focused just on the United States as well as those that are international in scope.